Welcome back! So… you’ve already established your keywords and phrases and are ready to add implement them throughout your website, right? Let’s get started on Step 2 of our DIY SEO for Photographers project.
You’ll need to make sure that your focus keywords are included in the basic setup of your website. These areas include:
- Website title
- Website description
- Page titles
- Page descriptions
Content. Content. Content.
We’ve discussed some of the advantages that photographers have over other business owners when it comes to SEO. The reverse is true in this situation… trying to fill your website with keywords can sometimes just feel (and read) weird or boring.
So what do you do?
You think outside of the box! Let’s say you’re getting ready to post a preview from your seventh engagement session. You’re tired of repeating the words “Bowling Green Engagement Photographer”. So what do you write? Here are a few options…
- Tips on how to make an engagement photography session successful.
- What to wear during an engagement photography session.
- How you help your newly engaged couple feel comfortable in front of the camera during their photo session.
- The best time of day to capture those soft and romantic shots for your engagement session.
- Top ten things to look for when searching for an engagement photographer.
There are seriously a zillion options, you just have to get creative and choose the one that best fits your needs.
Now that you’ve figured out what to write, where exactly should it go?
- The basic pages throughout your site are the most important; home, about, services, prices, contact.
- Utilize every single blog post to the fullest. Every post needs a focus, make it one of your keywords/phrases.
Every word on your website is there for a reason. Whether it’s entertaining or just there to help you connect with your readers, make sure that it’s also helping to increase your site’s SEO.
Don’t forget, potential clients can’t hire you if they can’t find you!
Check back soon for Step 3 of our DIY SEO for Photographers project… all about images!
Questions? Comment below or email us at email@example.com.
SEO Hudson Ohio | SEO Ohio | Search Engine Optimization | SEO for Photographers