Setting up a blog or website isn’t exactly “easy”, though the technical part can be completed in five simple steps. 😉 Once you’ve created something amazing, that is a good representation of you – it’s time to share your hard work with the world.
Here’s a list of 11 ways to share the good news:
- Announce your new website via status updates on your personal social media profiles.
- Add a link to your new website to the “about” area of your personal social media profiles.
- Create business social media profiles for your blog / website and invite your friends/family to follow them.
- Create business cards (make sure you include a link to your new website) and pass them out to everyone you see that may fit into your target audience.
- Add a link to your new website to holiday cards.
- Join local small business groups via social media and share a link to your new website (along with a brief description of your services or purpose) with the group members.
- If you are an online business that sells products or a specific service, join your local chamber of commerce and ask to be added to their local business listings.
- If your website is of a professional nature, add a listing to Google Business and get added to Google Maps.
- Develop a mailing list for consistent e-blasts and utilize a sign-up option on your website or via social media to grow your distribution list.
- Go on a vacation and add a link to your new website with all of the photos you post.
- Hire a skywriter to formally advertise your domain name to the world.
If you’ve tried all these things (sans the skywriter) and are still having trouble, let us know in the comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to help you brainstorm ideas or help you create a SEO plan that will help grab the attention of potential customers.
Happy announcing! xoxo Atterbie